ESL BLOGGERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talk about "Two Lives"

Go down 
+2
Frankie
MJ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MJ
Admin
MJ

Talk about "Two Lives" Empty
PostSubject: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Talk about "Two Lives" Two10

In this thread you can talk about the book 'Two Lives'
You may comment the chapters you have read, you impressions, if you like it or not ... anyting that comes to your mind.
However the idea is not exactly telling the argument but commenting it , which is not the same.
Reading is more fun if you can share you opinions with other readers.
Come on, take part !
Back to top Go down
https://eslbloggersforum.forumotion.com
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:34 pm

I have finished reading the first part of the book. When I began to read it, a few days ago, I thought that this was going to be the typical story of an impossible love and I don’t know yet if it will be so in the end, but I don't mind, because the most important thing for me is to realise that I can read and understand a book in English and that makes me enjoy it.
I hope to finish reading it soon and then I’ll write more about the book . Bye,

Last edited by Frankie on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lola

lola

PostSubject: Re: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:15 pm

I've been reading "Two lives" these days and I like this book, I've only read about 8 pages
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:32 pm

I have already read the book and I liked it. At the end the story wasn’t exactly as I expected and it had a few surprises. It’s a nice history that shows how somebody may take decisions which will change their lives and that has made me think of how, sometimes, a good intentioned action may cause pain to people we love. But sometimes, life may also give us a second chance -“Two lives”- to get what we wish.
Back to top Go down
Adrianix

Adrianix

PostSubject: Re: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:55 pm

I've just posted my review at the "About Reading" blog. I hope you'll read it, and I hope you'll post yours too Razz
Back to top Go down
http://konohavillage.creatuforo.com
Bego

Bego

PostSubject: Re: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Title: TWO LIVES
Author: HELEN NAYLOR
Genre: ROMANCE
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
Level: 3

Brief summary of the plot.
In the small Welsh village of Tredonald, Megan and Huw fall in love. But is their love strong enough to last?
Part 1. 1945. In the firsts chapters (1-5) the author talks about two young lives, Megan and Huw's, their romance and a death at the mine, that of Huw's brother. Then Huw and his father go to Toronto.
Megan never receives Huw's letters because her father hides them.
Part 2. Chapters 6-17. Fifty years later Megan finds the letters and writes to Huw.
Beth, Megan's daugter writes to him too and tells him she's his daughter. He goes back to Tredonald to see them. They talk about their lives, he's a painter, Megan is a teacher and she has opened the old mine for the tourists. they have never stopped loving each other and in the end the end they decide to get married.

Personal opinion.
I read it twice and I liked it, it's a beautiful romance , simple and predictable but gripping and heart warming too.
I think their love maybe not be the same they had when they were seventeen but they have a good love relationship. They want to be together for the rest of their lives.

Begoña G. S.
Back to top Go down
LuCy LiU

PostSubject: Lucy (Luisa)   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:13 pm

In a small village called Tredonald, Megan and Huw had a special relation, but Huw's brother's death in a mine changed everything. Huw and his father moved to Canada and Megan's father hid the letters from Huw and they lost contact. But finally, 50 years later everything was discovered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk about "Two Lives"   Talk about "Two Lives" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk about "Two Lives"
Page 1 of 1