ESL BLOGGERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Improve your English

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blues

blues

Improve your English Empty
PostSubject: Improve your English   Improve your English Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:37 am

Hi every body again !!!
I like surfing the net. I can find easily a lot of videos to improve my English, and a few of them are lyrics and traslations too. But , what do you think ? Is this the best way to learn another language ? well, I think we might like to try.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompKNikbLYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXwnkWsvlqQ
Back to top Go down
M

M

PostSubject: Re: Improve your English   Improve your English Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi Blues,

I also like surfing the net looking for music and lyrics Smile

I don't know if listening to songs is the best way of learning English, but I can tell you it's a very motivating and enjoyable way of doing it. In fact, I started studying English because i felt frustrated when i didn't get the meaning of a song, which is the most important part; so I began trying to translate the lyrics by myself (I used to listen to the song again and again...) then showed it to my teacher of English so that she could correct all my mistakes. It was hard work (also for my teacher), but very rewarding in the end.

I wonder if there's anybody on Earth who has never listened to this beautiful song: Enjoy it!

Smile
Back to top Go down
M

M

PostSubject: Re: Improve your English   Improve your English Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:23 pm

I didn't 'translate' any song, i used to 'transcribe' songs. I mean, I used to listen to a song many many times so I could write down the full lyrics in their original language (there was no internet in my flat when i was 15). I'm against translations, they are bad friends... You have to try to think in English if you really want to speak properly.

Last edited by M on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blues

blues

PostSubject: wonderful song   Improve your English Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:27 am

Hi, M !!! Pleased to meet you!

Congratulations for your English, it's great.
Well , I like music, and of course, that is one of my favourite songs. I'm watching some videos at the moment, and I love learning pronunciation . I never think in Spanish when I'm listening or reading English.
By the way, you look really cheerful.!!!
Regards.
Back to top Go down
M

M

PostSubject: :)   Improve your English Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Nice to meet you too, Blues.

Thanks, your English is not bad either Smile Keep on listening to songs, watching videos of native people speaking and you will soon notice your pronunciation improves.

I like reading the news and watching some videos here: http://news.sky.com/skynews/

Speak soon ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Improve your English   Improve your English Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Improve your English
Page 1 of 1