ESL BLOGGERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1. Describe Megan’s father.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MJ
Admin
MJ

1.	Describe Megan’s father. Empty
PostSubject: 1. Describe Megan’s father.   1.	Describe Megan’s father. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:48 pm

1. Describe Megan’s father. What was he like? What do you think he looked like? Why did he have so much influence on his daughter’s life?
Back to top Go down
https://eslbloggersforum.forumotion.com
Adrianix

Adrianix

PostSubject: Re: 1. Describe Megan’s father.   1.	Describe Megan’s father. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 am

I think he was a very overprotective person. He actually loved his daughter, and he wanted the best for Megan. I think of him as a fifty- year-old man, not very tall, but fit, and he surely wore some smart clothes since he was the shop's owner.
He surely thought of Huw as a poor person in the future, and he wanted to protect his daughter from that fate, then he decided to keep Huw's letters.
Back to top Go down
http://konohavillage.creatuforo.com
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: 1. Describe Megan’s father.   1.	Describe Megan’s father. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:07 pm

I think Megan’s father had to be an unhappy man. As every father, he wanted the best for his daughter but I think he was wrong because he didn’t think about what Megan wanted and what she hoped for in her life. So he took decisions by himself that changed the life of some people forever. I can’t understand how he could hide the letters that Huw wrote to Megan. Even after his granddaughter was born he kept silent about that. Huw and his daughter could have never met each other. What right did Megan's father have to do so? Definitely I think he did the wrong things and he knew it, that’s why I think he had to be an unhappy person. Sad
Back to top Go down
Bego

Bego

PostSubject: Re: 1. Describe Megan’s father.   1.	Describe Megan’s father. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Megan's father, Harry Jenkins had a small shop in Tredonald. Nobody in Mr. Jenkins' family had ever gone to college, but now there might be a chance for Megan. He loved her daughter and he wanted a good future for her and he thought that ,with Huw it wouldn't be possible because he was a poor coal miner.
When Huw went to Totonto and sent letters to Megan, her father didn't give them to her and he kept them for years. He never asked Megan what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1. Describe Megan’s father.   1.	Describe Megan’s father. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1. Describe Megan’s father.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ESL BLOGGERS FORUM :: Pre-Intermediate :: Reading :: Two Lives-
Jump to: