ESL BLOGGERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let’s talk about movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankie

Frankie

Let’s talk about movies Empty
PostSubject: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 pm

As in the case of books it’s very difficult for me to decide which my favourite films are. So I’m going to mention some of my favourite directors. I like the films by Quentin Tarantino, Clint Eastwood, The Coen Brothers, Woody Allen, … I could go on saying names because I like going to the cinema a lot , although I think that it’s a bit expensive. What do you think?
The last film I have seen is "Burn after reading" by the Coen Brothers, with John Malcovich, Frances McDormand, George Clooney and Brad Pitt. All of them have done a very good job in this funny comedy. I recommend it to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
MJ
Admin
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:58 am

Hi, Frankie ! Smile
I hardly ever go to the cinema nowadays, although it's something that I really love.
Watching a film in the cinema is much better than watching a DVD at home. However, I'm afraid that's what I usually do, I mean, watching films at home. I used to go to the cinema once a week in the past but I have too many things to do nowadays.
I agree with you when you say going to the cinema is expensive, moreover, I'd say it's much too expensive.

If I have to talk about preferences, I'd say that I like a bit of everything, but adventure films are still my favourite ones. I'm a star wars fan, crazy about R2D2, Chewbacca and all those guys ( I have to add Darth Vader and Han Solo, cause I love them both). I also love The Lord of The Rings Trilogy and enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean though it's not as good as the others.
Talking about Clint Eastwood films is another matter. He's just great, he's improved with time in an amazing way and I like anyting he does either in front of the camera or as a director. Mystic River or Million Dollar Baby are impressive.
I also like Woody Allen and the Cohen brothers.
As for Tarantino, I think his films are fantastic from the technical and visual point of view but I'm not so sure about the content.

Among my favourite films I could mention The Usual Suspects ( with Kevin Spacey and Benicio de Toro), Amores Perros , Mar adentro , Blade Runner, Witness (that one with the cop , played by Harrison Ford, inside an Amish community ) and many others. It would be a long list but the list of bad films would be as long as River Nile, I'm afraid.

Well, I'm ready to read your recommendations !!
Back to top Go down
https://eslbloggersforum.forumotion.com
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:47 pm

The Usual Suspects is really one of my favorite movies and Kevin Spacey does an excellent job.(Kaiser Xose What good idea!) When I was talking about this movie I remembered another great movie that I liked very much. Its title is Nine Queens and it is an Argentinian film directed by Fabian Bielinski and Ricardo Darin plays the role of the main character. It's not as well known as The Usual Suspects, but it's as good. I think that if we start giving names, the list of good films would also be long, so I'll stop here. Bye friends.
Back to top Go down
MJ
Admin
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:16 pm

I have also seen 'Nine Queens' and it's a very good film.
In fact, everything I've seen starring Ricardo Darín is very good, but I have a special weakness for Kevin Spacey, which started with his stunning performance of Kaiser Xose.( I had forgotten that name, thanks for reminding me)
I even bought the DVD to watch the film again but I haven't done so yet.
Back to top Go down
https://eslbloggersforum.forumotion.com
lola

lola

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Do you like the film" Mamma mia"? I saw it yesterday in the evening in DVD , I love it, it's very funny and 90% musical with songs by ABBA , here you have "Dancing queen"

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave them burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

Dig in the Dancing Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zRKdjFHdjw
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:03 pm

I also saw Mamma Mia with my wife and son last week. I thought that he would like this film but it turned out that my wife and I liked it more. This is the kind of movie in which I think that actors must enjoy themselves a lot doing their job. I love their clothes and I‘d like to be an actor in one of these movies.

Yesterday night I saw The Wave ,which is a German film inspired in a real experience of the sixties. It’s a story about the way in which a teacher organizes the class to explain their students what autocracy is.
The film shows how the environment and circumstances can change us and it makes you think. I think that it’s a film I'd recommend for young people.
Back to top Go down
lola

lola

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Has anyone seen the boy in the striped pyjamas? I haven' t and I'd like to see the movie. Tell me if it is good and tell me also about the book cause I haven't read it yet.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:13 pm

I read this book last summer during my holidays, which is when I have more free time and I can read more. I liked it very much and I want to see the movie because I think this is a good story to make a film. I hope the director does a good job, which I’m afraid doesn't happen frequently. I remember only two films that I liked as much as the books which they were based on: The Pianist and The Name of the Rose. The first one is a film by Roman Polanski based on a true story that happened when the Nazis invaded Poland. Adrien Brody is the leading actor and he did an excellent performance.
The Name of the Rose is a film by Jean Jacques Annaud based on the book by Umberto Eco about the mysterious deaths that happened in a monastery in the years of the Inquisition. It stars Sean Connery and a young boy called Christian Slater. Do you Know him?.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:10 am

“The history of a sign” is the winner of Cannes 2008 online short films competition. You may know the story, because I had read it on the internet before, but I think that you’ll enjoy watching it anyway. This is a short film with very few words about the importance of words or, rather, about the importance of the way we say things. I hope you like it. And don't forget to pay attention to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ih_H1lIN8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let’s talk about movies   Let’s talk about movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let’s talk about movies
Page 1 of 1